On May 11, 2016, the Vinoy Renaissance Resort & Golf Club held a groundbreaking ceremony at its Snell Isle Clubhouse facility. The event kicked off the Vinoy’s lavish and extensive multi-phase renovation project. In a recent announcement, Vinoy Renaissance Resort and Golf Club’s General Manager, Barbara Readey stated, “We will soon be sharing the design plans for all renovations which are intended to honor our past heritage, yet be complete with all of the advantages of modern design and technology. Sumptuous finishes will be accented with fashionable interiors, delivering a completely new look and feel to our unmatched club offerings.”
Phase one of the renovations is underway at the Clubhouse facilities on Snell Isle. This exciting project includes the following:
- Improved arrival areas at the Clubhouse, expanded parking and covered tournament staging.
- Redesigned Clubhouse Grill with covered outdoor dining.
- Redesigned and upgraded resort-style Sunset Pool and deck with cabana lounges and a separate “Splash Pad and Kids’ Fun Zone.”
- New pool-side food and beverage service area.
- New women’s locker room that will be relocated next to the Golf Pro Shop. The Club promises “fine features and elevated décor.”
- New two-story men’s locker room with areas for a bar and card tables.
- Plans to improve the golf course and practice areas.
- Potential plans for the rebuilding of two new tennis courts on the corner of Snell Isle Boulevard and Mateo Way, NE.
During renovations, the Clubhouse restaurant (a Snell Isle favorite), pool deck and both the men’s and women’s golf locker rooms are closed. In an effort to service members and guests during these closures, the Vinoy Club is offering Clubhouse restaurant favorites at the main resort downtown.
Additionally, the Vinoy Club has constructed a temporary Hospitality Pavilion adjacent to the golf cart staging area. The 1600 square foot air-conditioned facility offers beverages, continental breakfast and a limited lunch service. Throughout construction and renovations, the golf course and practice facilities will remain fully operational.
Phases two and three of redevelopment will focus on the spa, dining, parking, and tennis facilities at the resort downtown.